Parents are acknowledged as the primary educators of their children. Parents are actively involved in the life of Maria Regina in a variety of ways. Parents and caregivers participate in the life of the school and Parish through the Sacramental Programs, Liturgies and Masses, Parish Ministries, Parent Information Sessions and by joining Parent Committees. Parents are always enthusiastic visitors at assemblies, as helpers in our classrooms, sports and the Learning Resource Centre.
The Maria Regina School Council is an advisory group established to support the Principal and school. The School Council’s aim is to improve our school environment and to foster stronger links between the school, teachers and staff, the parent network and our parish, for the benefit of our children.
The Maria Regina Parent Network is fundamental in helping create community events and celebrations, and for communication and information flow amongst the heart of our school.
In 2020, the Maria Regina School Council will comprise the following members:
- Kathy Gee: Maria Regina Principal
- Trish Biok: Maria Regina Assistant Principal
- Jane Labone: Teacher Representative Years K – 2
- Lynne Pike: Teacher Representative Years 3 – 6
- Veronica Thomas: Pittwater Parish representative
- Tristan Conn: Parent Representative (co – chair)
- Margarita Playoust-Colley: Parent Representative (co – chair)
- Gareth Richmond: Treasurer for Parent Network and Parent Representative
Useful Parent Websites