Japanese is additional subject area that students in years 3 to 6 study at Maria Regina.
Students learn about Japanese culture and language through the key learning areas of:
We encourage a positive attitude towards learning a language. This provides an opportunity for students to become more accepting of diversity and develop skills to be competent language learners in years to come. Learning a language during Primary school has aided to developing pronunciation in Japanese.
Through our Japanese program students learn to:
- Use their language skills in real life situations
- Develop a cultural awareness of Japan
- Participate in a variety of cultural activities including origami, calligraphy, dressing up in traditional Japanese clothing, tasting Japanese food and sports
- Read Japanese Hiragana characters
- Write Japanese Hiragana characters
- Speak Japanese
- Listen to Japanese
- Learn the Japanese syntax to create their own sentences
- Learn about Japanese cultural festivals and practices
- Learn about life in Japan
- Introduce themselves in Japanese and ask questions about others
A Japanese school visited us from Tomeikan. Click here to view.